Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm Ready For My Screen Shot, Mr. DeMille

Before we start, I have a favor to ask.  I am looking for a Cross-eyed Cricket pattern, Leaflet 171 called Green Thumb.  Is there anyone out there that wants to part with it?  I've got a ton of stash to trade or if you want, I can pay a reasonable price...let me know, K?

Now for the pictures...TA DAA!!!!
Here's my OLDEST WIP and it' now finished!  I can't believe that I waited over 25 years to finish it.  Granted, I had the unfortunate red candle incident but still...

 Alphabet Sampler
Leisure Arts #280
14ct. White Aida
DMC

 Alphabet Sampler Bottom

 Alphabet Sampler Top

This is the Merrily Beam's Sampler I'm stitching for Lee's "Older But Better" SAL.  You can see it in all it's 1980's funky colors.  But I like it!

 Done By Me - 1982
Merrily Beams
32ct Flax Linen
Recommended DMC

I worked a little on the Bee Man tonight - I've stitched most of the verse.  I really, really like this sampler and now, I'm looking all over the internet looking for more patterns with Bee Skeps. 

 The Bee Man's Sampler
The Goode Huswife
32ct Vintage Country Mocha

Lastly is I Sigh not for Beauty that I'm stitching as a year long SAL with Ellen Chester's With Thy Needle and Pen's group.  I'm hopelessly behind now but I have to be in the right frame of mind to stitch on her. I don't mind the arcaded border but those pomegranate flowers..oh my, they tax my patience.

I Sigh not for Beauty
SANQ
32ct Antique Ivory
DMC
And the Wips, that were finished a long time ago, soon to be made into pinpillows and pinkeeps:

 LHN Watermelon
32ct Flax Linen
Crescent Color Overdyes - Cotton

Ewe and Eye and Friends
Liberty House
32ct Lambswool Linen
Recommended Threads

So, that's all folks, I hope you like what I've done.  I'd write more but I have to go to sleep. I'm tired.  I've been up late going through job boards looking for work.  So far nada, zilch, and zero.  I've applied to a few local companies but I don't think I'm even going to get a second look.  Sigh.

Thanks for stopping by....love to have you visit!

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Joanie! Congrats on your finish! You've got lots of lovely stitching in progress as well!

Glenna said...

Nice projects! I particularly like the M. Beams--she was kind of ahead of her time in a way--it looks like something that might have just come out. I don't think I've ever seen the Cross-eyed Cricket Green Thumb sampler, so now I'm curious and I'm going to go off and look.

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty finish! Glad you were able to rescue it. Lovely WIPs too!

Giovanna said...

Lovely stitching, and congrats on finishing the long-standing WIP! All the best with the job hunt, hugs.

Nancy said...

Such a pretty sampler finish!! Love your other WIP and your older finishes!

Natalia said...

Congratulations on your finish !! I like all your WIPs... I hope you find a job soon, don't lose hope!!

Deb said...

Oh my goodness - all the eye candy! Congratulations on your 25 year finish! Better late than never, right! It's a really pretty sampler! Love every thing else too - you've picked some fantastic designs to work on!! I just love the M. Beams piece. One of her samplers is the first one that I ever did!

Nancy said...

Wonerful stitching, as always. I have the CEC 171 and will give it to you. Send me your address...Nancy

nancy@glorybeestitch.com

Beehive Needleworks said...

Upon my word...BEAUTIFUL stitching Joanie! There is always a feeling of accomplishment when one finishes up a long-standing project... congratulations. Well done indeed!

Peaceful stitching...
Judy

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing Alphabet Sampler. Your wips are looking gorgeous as well

Joy said...

Oh my, what lovely stitching! Can't wait to see the Bee Man's finished. Have you seen "No Bees No Honey"? Great bee skep pattern.

Try not to worry about the job scene...will keep good thoughts for you.

Anonymous said...

Nice works Joanie, I love them all!!

I should look for my UFOs and finish them , too :))

woolwoman said...

Joanie - congratulations on finishing up that oldest WIP - it is very pretty and wow - all your stitching is looking great. I love the I Sigh sampler - I should have gotten that one but you know "so many samplers - so little time" hope you are doing well - Melody

Margaret said...

So many beautiful pieces! I can tell your blog is going to be dangerous for me. lol! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I've warned DS about Mia and I'm sure he'll take it easier on her.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Well done on finishing your oldest wip, it is gorgeous. Those samplers are gorgeous.