Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Yikes, Stripes, Running Out of Time!!! The Stitching Bucket List

Melissa at Words and Blooms posted something that made me take pause and think.  She asked this question:

Paula and I were chatting about a stitching "bucket list". Let's say you have 20 good years left to do stitching and you could stitch one big thing a year. What would be your top 20 items? I would love to see this on your blog.

So, I got thinking about my Stitching Bucket List. And like Melissa, I went on a treasure hunt through my piles and piles of stitching goodies and came up with this list. I know it will change but many of these samplers have stood the test and stay right up there with the latest and greatest.  There are many more that I would love to stitch but these are on the "A" list.

Here are my 20 in no particular order. 
  1. Ann Hull
  2. Anne Grimshaw 1818
  3. Rebecca Robinson
  4. The Plantation Sampler
  5. 1837 Crown Sampler
  6. Ann Grant
  7. The Seven Sheep Sampler
  8. Anne Priest 1841
  9. JoAnn Woodward
  10. A Yuletide Sampler
  11. Jane Harris
  12. Jane Pattison
  13. Mary Gibson 1824
  14. Francis Eden
  15. Hannah Pepper
  16. Isabella Gray 1838
  17. Isabella Fox
  18. Weeping Tree Sampler
  19. Lucy Redd
  20. Ann Sims
Most of these samplers reside in my stash and some are WIPs.  I am hoping each of them will grace my walls.  It's been a dream of mine to have a whole wall of samplers.  I guess I better get busy!  I only have 20 good years left!

7 comments:

marly said...

Tough decision. And fun! I can make a list of 20 samplers I want on my wall that are stitched by someone else!! Most of my favorites would be projects too intricate or large for me to handle. But you never know - maybe one day!

Melissa said...

Good for you on pulling that list together, Joanie. It's amazing the amount of stash we do have! I love your list and I can see we share such similar tastes! Thanks for posting this!

diamondc said...

Love your list I should think of my list hmmmmmmmmm.

Blessings

Catherine

Karoline said...

Some gorgeous samplers on your list

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I just love your list that you have.....I hope that you will be able to stitch all of these and get them hung up on your walls.

I found your blog and I am now a follower of your blog. I would like for you to be a follower of my blog and here is the link:

http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

Have a Beautiful Sunday
Happy Stitching
Linda K, Railroad

Parsley said...

Found you via the prim stitchers facebook group. HELLO!

Pam Tanner said...

I have several of these charts in my stash! Isabella Gray is next on my list to stitch!