Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Quick Post

Hello again!

I am doing a drive by post...I feel the need to connect even though there's not many out there that still read this little blog.  I wanted to share a finish with you.  May I present:


Little House Needleworks
Loving You
 
I have only been able to concentrate on smaller things, I still have a lack of focus.  But this little piece came out just darling.  I used Weeks Dye Works Linen in Red Pear with the called for thread and JABCO buttons.  I backed it with Weeks Dye Works Merlot wool.  I think I overstuffed it but I also think its adorable.  I took my time finishing it using Vonna's wonderful floss tube videos.
 
Hands On Designs has some sweet freebies for Valentine's Day...check it out!  Hands on Designs Valentine Freebies
Right now I'm working on Be Mine.  Very quick stitch.  I am debating on how to finish it.
 
I joined Stitch from Stash on Facebook and also Year of Wips on Facebook.  I haven't done well on the Stitch from Stash side where you limit your purchases to a set amount each month.  The goal is to stitch from your stash. DUH.  I have been stitching from my stash but I haven't exactly been good about my *ahem* stashquisitions.  Actually, I'm out of control. And I know why....  Completely stressed from my job, limited  time to be creative, and when I am creative, I'm thinking I should be doing something else which leads to GUILT.  I feel like I'm on a rat's wheel to no where so, the answer is:
RETAIL THERAPY
 IT is the cure for what ails ya, I'm telling you.
 
 
The Year of Wips is coming along better.  I have finished up a few pieces that were "this close" to being done.  Now I have the projects that are 50% or less completed to work on.   Here are some of the completed items.  There are a few more but I can't seem to find them on Facebook to add them here.  I will post them when I do.
 
 
Prairie Schooler
Santa 2009

 


Prairie Schooler
Clear Moon Frost Soon
 
 
Well, I think that's all for now.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and are STITCHING ALL THE THINGS!!!!  

 




10 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finishes! I love how you finished the LHN piece. It is darling. I look forward to seeing what you share next.

marly said...

Your finishing of Loving You is great. Congrats on the completions!

Carol said...

Such a cute finish, Joanie! I look forward to seeing your Be Mine stitching, too :)

And your PS hockey playing Santa is a must-stitch for my hockey playing son--love it!

connie said...

Love all your finishes Joanie..You have been busier than me when it comes to stitching..Haven't picked up a needle in months..I was happy to see your post..I am a true follower..I always read your blog.. :-)

Von said...

Thanks for the links, Joanie!
Since I use Feedly, whenever you post, it comes into my blog reader - even if it's been a long time. :D

Brigitte said...

This finished little pillow is just gorgeous. Wonderful colours of the stitching fabric and the backing fabric.

Karoline said...

Your finishes are lovely, especially the Valentines pillow.

Anonymous said...

With three days of rain ahead we have good stitching weather here! You have a great blog : ) love that pillow, wow, those colors! gorgeous!

diamondc said...

Hi Joanie: Wonderful post, totally love the pillow and the finish, the buttons are really a wonderful addition.
You have been a busy Lady.
Good to see you posting again.

Blessings
Catherine

butterfly said...

Hello Joanie ,What a lovely post love the little Christmas pillow it really is beautiful.