Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I am here - REALLY!!!

First of all, thank you very much for hanging with me.   I wanted to be a better blogger and post more often but life surely had other plans for that!

This weekend, the 2nd Lietenant and the lovely Jenna will begin their Air Force journey.  Their first stop is Montgomery Alabama, where Mike will attend ASBC (officer's training) for 7 weeks.  Then it's off to San Angelo Texas, for 7 months for Intellilgence School.  Please, if you would, keep them in your prayers.  It's a transistion for them, leaving home pretty much permanently.  It's going to be a big adjustment.

I did start Lucy Minton.  I crumpled.  It's a fast stitch and I'm enjoying it a lot.  It's a different style of sampler than I normally stitch.  I do love it.  Simple and primitive.  It'll look nice in the family room.

And, I am stalking the mail person for stash from Nashville.  I am breathlessly waiting for my Goode Huswife book and the Blackbird Designs.  I also won an older Sheepish Designs pattern, the Hedgehog Sampler.  Oh and I bought soap too...Goodies are coming!

Well, I just wanted to touch base with you all.  I am glad you stop by even though my posts are sorely lacking in pictures.  I'll remedy that soon.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Hope that your things show up quickly. Seems that there has been a lot of postman stalking out there for that BBD book!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I will keep the 2nd Lietenant and the lovely Jenna in my prayers. My dad was an army officer and I loved growing up in a military family - it was easy for me - it was all I ever knew but I'm sure it was hard for my folks sometimes. But, it IS an adventure! Godspeed to them and I hope your stash shows up soon!

Sherry said...

I will keep the young couple in my thoughts. I am so glad you popped in to say hi.

Victoria said...

Hello!

Deborah from Fairfield house asked if I could leave you a comment since she doesn't have a google account. So I am here to act as the 'middle woman' what have you. Her message was as follows:

Please email me at Deborah@FairfieldHouseNJ.com if you want to participate in the postcard exchange.

Jules said...

Military life can be hard at times, but I am sure they will make the most of their stays until they reach a more permanent home. Thoughts go out to them and to you...

Check out my blog for a bit of sunshine I am passing along to you.

Julie