Thanks for all the encouraging words about my painting. No takers just yet. Haven't a clue why though. Not enough pics? Need some props to spur creativity and whet an appetite? I do know that I was anxious to post the pic with the hope that someone would snatch it up..didn't happen.
I have a witch and another ghost, a cat and a pumpkin 90% complete. I hope to post them by Monday. Then I am on to Christmas painting, snowmen, santas, sleds and ornaments. This painting gig is cutting into my stitching though. I am having serious needle withdrawl especially because I have all that cool new stash just begging to be started.
Jan asked about Bea. I stitched Bea on 32ct Antique Ivory with AVAS 4612, one strand of silk over 2 threads. It's what Needleprint recommended. I wanted a reproduction sampler so I stitched it as it was recommended. Didn't change a thing. Oh, I toyed with the idea of personalizing it but in the end, my purist heart won out. I usually don't mess around with repros but I've been known to tweak other patterns here and there to make them my own. I am getting better about that too and trusting my judgement. After all, what's 5 years of fine arts with a BFA in graphics design going to buy me? If nothing else, the confidence to trust my judgement on changing it up a bit.
I started Prairie Schooler's, Sweeping Cobwebs, on 35 ct Lambswool linen but I don't like the way the 3371 is covering the linen even though it's a higher count. I think I'm going to start it over on something else and finish this piece as a big pin pillow. This weekend is a finishing weekend. I've got a number of things waiting to be put together and I must finish off my BBD exchange piece and pop it in the mail on Monday.
So, I hope you have a wonderful day today, I have a bit of laundry to do and some housework to catch up on. Then I hope to get creative.
Thanks for stopping by. Love when you show up and leave comments. They make me smile!