I've not been interested in much lately. I've stitched and I've done some painting but I am pushing myself to do it. I do have a few pictures to share though:
A progress pic from Prairie Schooler's Book 165, Sweeping Cobwebs:
I am stitching this on 35 ct lambswool over 2 with one strand of thread and I intended to stitch the entire sampler but as I progressed, the stitches looked, well, thin. So I stitched the witch on the broom with 2 strands of floss and decided to call it a day after I finished her. I added the border all around and now I have a stitched cushion of ony the top part of the sampler. Unfinished in it's final form. (Story of my life.) I'm also stitching the witch with the broom at the bottom right corner of the sampler. 80% complete with the stitching. Going to be another pincushion.
Next is an oldie. I started this when I was a mere child (at least it feels that way!) It's Ruth Ann Russell's Quaker Medallion Sampler found in an older issue of SANQ. It's stitched on a mystery piece of Lakeside Linen with DMC. I made a collossal color error (and I think that's why it went to the Land of the Misfit Toys) but I've decided that it's unique and it shouldn't be voted off the island. I pulled it out when I saw Tempest Fugit's finished sampler.
I haven't touched it in a few months. (Another chapter in my life.)
Lastly, this is With Thy Needle and Thread's, Broom Hilda. I stitched this up the weekend that I got the pattern. Cute, cute, cute.
As you can see, I'm going to make it into pincushion. With a beaded edge. Someday. Someday soon. (I hope.) If you've been paying attention, you've realized that I am now obsessed with making pincushions. Witch pincushions. I want a bowl full of them for Halloween. Just like I wanted a bowl full of patriotic cushions for the 4th of July. Yeah, they're stitched...
I got my BBD's Summer Basket back from ACMoore. The lady who waited on me told me that when it came back there was a big piece of lint in the center of the picture so she had to take it apart and clean it off. She didn't put it back together that well. And there's no bumpers on the frame so it hangs weird. Not going back. And even with 60% off, the piece still cost over $75.00. Heck, Bea didn't cost that much more that this piece and she's double the size of the BBD. And Michael's framed it beautifully.
So, right now, this is all I've got. I will try not to stay away so long. I hoped to be better about blogging. And thank you from the bottom of my heart for hanging with me. I've got the give-away almost stitched and it's coming soon!
Thanks for stopping by! I love it that you've come by and visited me!