Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Pictures Pictures!

As promised...Pictures!!

My Quaker RR. This sampler is stitched on 32ct Vintage Pearled Barley linen from Lakeside with Vicki Clayton premium silk in Basic Black. It's so graphic and I love it. The ladies who stitched on it did a fabulous job, and it's exactly what I envisioned it to be. I asked that the participants use only motifs from Quaker samplers in the style of M. Quetier or Good Huswife's, "1798 Quaker Sampler". My only regret is that not all the participants in the RR stitched on it cause it came home early. Honestly, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to work on it because this piece sums up a very difficult late Summer and early Fall. But now that it's home, I will finish it.



Moira Blackburn's "Time & Seasons". This is stitched on 36ct Lakeside Linen Vintage Light Exemplar with Vicki Clayton silks. The colors are very soft and nostalgic.



I will be working on this sampler during 2006.

Stash! I've been very bad stash shopping instead of Christmas shopping! In this photo is Lizzie*Kate's "December Flip-it", Elizabeth's Designs "Garden Gate" and "My Garden", Au Fil des Reves "Scissors and Needlekeeper" and a reproduction Quaker sampler, Sarah W. Rowland.



I know there's more stash stuffed someplace in my house cause each day I get envelopes in the mail and my husband just shakes his head in bewilderment. I also have stuff on order, Vero in France picked up Armada for me while she was at the big craft exposition last week. She is so kind. From Elegant Stitch, I ordered a Just Another Button kit, "Bring it On". It's the cutest snowman. Plus, Heart in Hand's "Snowman Medley".

6 comments:

BeckySC said...

Hi Joanie :)
I love the Quaker RR...if you need a stitcher, I would happily add a motif :)

Time and Seasons is looking great-I will look forward to your progress through 2006 :)

WOOHOO, stash :)

Hugs to you dear one!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Your pieces are both looking beautiful. I am particularly looking forward to seeing more of Time and Seasons. The colors are beautiful!!

Kitty Couture said...

Hi Joanie,
Your RR sampler is beautiful.
And "Times and Seasons" looks gorgeous! I look forward to seeing you stitch on it. Your choice of fabric is perfect!

Have a good Sunday!

Karoline said...

Your RR is looking gorgeous Joanie and the colours on Time and Season are lovely. Nice stash haul :)

Anonymous said...

Your Quaker RR is looking lovely Joanie and I like the colours of Time and Seasons - very soft and pretty. :)

Chelle said...

Your Quaker RR is awesome! I'd love to stitch on it. Send it to IL and I'll add a motif or two! :o)

You are right about the colors for Time and Seasons - soft and nostalgic. I love it!

Great stash. I just stitched Garden Gate for an exchange. I think it is a cute design!

P.S. I'm not kidding about your Quaker!