Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Taking a small break

I was at Barnes and Nobles the other day to pick up a book for my Son. I bought myself "Memoirs of a Geisha". I can't put it down, it is so fascinating. I wasn't sure that I would like it as it's not the type of novel that I normally read. But I love it. Has anyone read it?

I got word that Leena received my Sampler House II exchange piece. I am so relieved as I was going to start a new piece for her. It took a long time to go to Malaysia. Now, to finish off Nancy's pieces and I will be totally finished with exchanges for 2005. I have been working on my Quaker RR too, I put in a couple motifs in the border and I am planning on what to stitch in the interior sections. There are many Quaker motifs that I like so I am having a hard time deciding what to stitch next! I know I should not be stitching on the Quaker RR but I can't help myself. It's like eating good chocolate, I eat until I get a stomach ache. I am going to lock it in my cedar chest so I am not tempted to continue to stitch on it as I MUST work on other things!

One of the things that I want to start too is this little freebie from Just Another Button Company called *Brign it on*.



I think this little snowman is adorable, don't you? It doesn't look like a long stitch either, maybe I will work on it over my Christmas break.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read Memoirs of a Geisha and really enjoyed it - it's a great book!

Casa Pearl said...

Joanie, I just bought that little snowman and some of the others from Drema at Needlecraft Corner! Enjoy your book.

Kitty Couture said...

Joanie, that snowman is adorable! It looks like a fun stitch and you should definitely stitch it!

You've made me want to read that novel now! ;)

BeckySC said...

Oh, I love that snowman :) Can't wait to see him stitched up :)

hugs my friend :)