Search This Blog

Monday, March 05, 2007

Monday Musings

HI everyone...I wanted to thank you all for your comments on my darling, John Foster, and on our house situation. I appreciate all of you very much and the DH and I are pursuing some of your suggestions. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. Please continue!!!

Well, now that John is done, what have I stitched since yesterday? I worked on March Hare for a bit and then I worked on a pattern that I am putting together for a wooden tea box that I bought at AC Moore. The tea box top is about 9" x 7" and I thought it would be perfect to fill with some smalls. So I am stitching a Quaker design of my very own, over one thread with Gloriana silk in Autumn Foliage. Really it's just a start and most of what I've done looks like a bunch of dashes and dots. Once the design grows a little bit, I'll share. The bunny on March Hare has a head and part of a tail and the curve of his back. March Hare is teeny tiny over one thread, about 2.5" x 4" overall. I'd love to find a shabby chic frame to mount him in.
Tonight, I began to stitch the charms on Hinzeit's Air Force but I only got 3 sewn on. They are really heavy and it looks like they need a bit of reinforcement as they sag a little. But I am tired and I put it up cause I am just getting frustrated.

What I wanted to do so badly today was just to stay home and stitch away the day. I believe I want a respite from my world right now and home on the sofa sounds like a nice place to park myself for a day or 2 or 12. HA! If only I could. I am planning on a long weekend toward the end of the month if my DH goes to Washington DC. It will be just me and the critters, if I can swing a day to make a long weekend. But, I have to confess, there is the Celebrations of Needlework in Nashua NH in May. I am sorely tempted to attend. Carol (A Garden of Stitches), Patti (Stitching in Lobster Land), Sue (Red's Thread) and Jo (Kiwi Jo) will be there...oh, it would be such fun to see all of them again. We had a blast in Hershey last fall and I am hoping that they will meet me there in September as I am planning on going. Ok, girls? What do you say? Chocolate in the Fall, anyone?

Speaking of stitching festivals, go check out Vero's blog. She's posted pictures of a wonderful stitching festival. Oh my, I would go BROKE there! I have such a fancy for redwork designs and I love those European designs. Danielle (A Peacock's Feather) has posting photos of the a French redwork book by Muriel Brunet. It's now on my wishlist!

Anyway, I think that as far as stitching goes, for the month of March, I am going to stitch whatever catches my muse. In April, Sue and I are going to start Carriagehouse Samplings, My Hometown and I want to be able to put some serious stitching time on that piece. I don't anticipate beginning any thing new this month, I have plenty of in progress pieces that are holding my interest right now. I can stitch rabbits, and Quakers and houses and alphabets.
Whatever my heart desires, cause isn't that what this hobby is all about?
Stitching what your heart desires.

I hope that your week has started on a good note and once again, thanks for the *chat*. I'll talk with all of you soon.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratulations on finishing John! He looks great! And stitching festivals....sigh...I could really use one right about now.

Karoline said...

Sounds like an excellent stitching plan to me :)