Search This Blog

Friday, January 08, 2010

Baby, It's C-O-L-D Outside!!!

Wowser, it's bitter cold AGAIN in Upstate NY...I must tell you I am really, really tired of this weather.  After a few years of relatively mild winters, one's with a week or 2 of this weather, a winter like this is just plain brutal.  And a dreary steel-grey color to boot.

I've been stitching. I've worked on Miss Snow Fairy last week. I'm about 1/2 done now. I switched out working on her with This is the Day. You remember that sampler in JCS by Heart in Hand?  The one with exhuberant colors?




Well, with all the grey in the recent days, I've decided I needed something colorful to work on.  So I pulled it out of my ever growing stash pile.  I'm stitching it with the original colors.  I have a love/hate relationship with the sampler, though.  The linen I'm stitching it on, 36ct Lakeside, Autumn Gold, is very, very scratchy.  It grabs the thread.  It distorts the stitches.  It makes me unhappy.  But I'm too far into this sampler to start over.  This linen will NOT get the best of me.

So tomorrow,  I'm hoping for some sun.  Then I'll take some pics of my stitching.  And BTW, I snagged the pic from Edgar's blog, Blacksheep's Bit of the Web...

So until tomorrow, stay warm!  I'm curling up by the fireplace with my Kindle, my stitching and a cup of cocoa.  How about you?

4 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I love this sampler. Looking forward to some progress pics!

connie said...

Oh Joanie it is cold here too..14 degrees right now.it's supposed to be in the 30's next week..I am so looking forward to that..We have 10 plus inches of snow too..I look forward to seeing pictures of your progress..

Karoline said...

Lovely sampler, I look forward to seeing your progress.

I seems to be a tough winter for a lot of places we're heading into week 4 of freezing and snowy weather. Most unusual for our part of the UK, the last time it was this bad was in the early eighties.

Casa Pearl said...

I really liked this when I saw it on Edgar's blog. I can't wait to see your progress.