Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Really?! It's been that long!

Ummmm.mmm....hello there,  it's been a while, hasn't it?  So glad you all have stuck with me!  I appreciate it, really, I do!  I want to thank all of you who've emailed me to ask how I am.  I'm OK!  I survived my job situation, they BEGGED me to stay, so I did with major changes.  It was an interesting month to say the least. 

I've been stitching, so I'll let the pics talk.  I started this Prairie Schooler right around Christmas! I love it and now the only thing left is the row upon row of white at the bottom, perfect for mindless stitching while listening to the TV.


Next is True Virtue, a really pretty sampler from an old JCS magazine.  Connie and I are working on a SAL together.  She's much farther than I am.  I've found it to be a little fiddle-ly and the pattern is a nightmare but we will persevere!


Last, is the Merrily Beams that I've chosen for Lee's challenge, Older Is Better.  I love the funky 80's colors. I've named the couple Lisa and Oliver after the characters in Green Acres.  Silly, but they remind me of them!  I have done some major frogging as I've gone along, my stitching tension was wonky.  I can see a finish here soon!!

Well, I'll try to post a little more often now that my life is settling down. It's been a long haul but I think it's going to be ok.

Thanks for hanging with me!

Blessings,

Joanie

17 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

I'm so happy for you that your job situation has improved. I like all the projects you have going in your stitching basket.

Veronica said...

Beautiful stitching, Joanie. Take care!

Hugs,
Veronica.

Giovanna said...

Love your stitching - especially the Christmassy PS. Glad to read that things are better at work :-)

connie said...

I am happy for you that things are going better at work.I like everything you have been stitching on..You have several Merrily Beams stitched are you going to do a wall for them..I just LOVE her patterns..

diamondc said...

Joanie: I am so glad to see you have not fallen off the earth, I was worried, I am also happy to hear that you are able to stay at your job with changes, love your stitching projects.
Catherine

Vickie said...

Lisa and Oliver, that's funny! I have started a new blog.http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

woolwoman said...

thank goodness things are improving Joanie - I kept meaning to email and inquire but life gets in the way. Good to see a post from you and your PS piece is wonderful - the Merrily Beams piece is so cute. Hope you have a good week and life keeps heading in the right direction. Mel

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

So glad your job is better! Love all your stitching but Merrily Beams if my favorite (so far)!

Deb said...

It's so good to see a post from you - it's been a while. Glad to hear that your work situation is better and that you've been stitching. I love everything, but especially Merrily Beams!

marly said...

Welcome back! Glad things worked out.

Shelleen said...

It is good to see you posting again. Great news about your job. All your pieces look great and I see a Happy dance in the near future with the Prairie Schooler.

pj said...

Joanie,
Glad to see you blogging again and that your life seems to have taken a turn ... jobs can be so stressful! Keep on stitching....pam

Linda said...

Great stitching. I love the PS one. Have it in my stash.

Linda

P.J. said...

I am in love with Merrily Beams! Totally get the Lisa Oliver reference, brings back many memories. Hehehe. Who, what where is the designer of this pattern, it is precious.

Keep on stitching.

Sherry said...

You have some wonderful stitching finished and in progress! So glad to hear the job situation is better.

Karoline said...

Glad to hear you got the job situation sorted. Your stitching is all looking great

Vickie said...

Hi Joannie! I have awarded you with the Liebster blog award, all the details are posted on my blog. http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/