Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Just....Sigh...

Well, I haven't picked up a needle since Monday night when I decided to work on that mystery piece. I fixed the backstitching to make it square and I decided to cut out the spider web roses. Got one removed and then the second. BUT!!! I cut the wrong one out!!! Instead of removing the bottom 2 roses I cut out the bottom left and then the upper right! UGH!!!! This piece is jinxed. So now, I have 3 to re-stitch.

I put everything away.

I slept 2 evenings away. On Tuesday and Wednesday, I came home from work, made dinner and by 7 o'clock, I was fast asleep on the sofa. I think that I was getting over the migraine that I had most of the day on Monday. It's certainly been a weird week.

Tonight, I was supposed to go to a dinner meeting for the local section of the American Society of Quality. I went shopping instead. I bought 2 pair of jeans, 4 sweaters, a jacket and 2 pairs of earrings, 2 bracelets and a necklace. Everything was on sale. Mostly on clearance and then another 15-25% off. I got one pair of jeans for free and the other pair 1/2 price. $20 for 2 pairs of Liz Claiborne jeans. I am very happy with all my goodies.

Speaking of goodies and purchases, what do you all think of the new market releases? Any MUST HAVES? I have a list but I am not sure when I will be purchasing anything new. I loved Cherished Stitches needlecase and the Carriagehouse Samplings tombstone angels. There's more, but I can't remember right off. Today, I got conformation that my Beatrix Potter Quaker sampler was shipped on Valentine's day. That's cool.

I was so tempted to order a number of things but I exercised some restraint and just window shopped alot.

So what about you? What is on your wish list from market?

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I'm happy to say nothing has caught my eye except for the Collaboration Sampler - and we knew about that before so it doesn't count! :)

Hope your stitching goes better soon!

Cindy said...

I'm not sure yet...I do love the new needlebook designs from Designing Ladies, although I can't decide *which* one(s) I like best yet!

Cathy B said...

Joanie - I didn't have your will-power. I've already placed an order for Cat's Whiskers - Red Scissors Pocket and Lilybet Designs - Lilybet's Scissors Keep.

I'd like to know more about the Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler - is there a picture somewhere?