Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Whine, whine, whine, whimper

Thanks everyone for posting comments to my blog. I really appreciate them and it's nice to know that I have wonderful stitching friends around the world.

I feel bad that my recent posts have been so depressing. It's just that I am so frustrated. In fact, in preparation for the in-laws visit, I put my stitching basket in the closet. And my DH put my magnifier out of the way too...it just doesn't feel right.

I never realized how much stitching grounded me. I get really cranky when I don't get to do even a little bit of stitching and recently there has been NO stitching in my life. Creativity is a big part of my psyche and personality and I just don't feel like me if I don't do something creative at least daily. Seeing a wonderful design grow on fabric with a length of fiber makes my heart sing. I never would have thought that such simple items would bring me so much pleasure. But that's what stitching does for me. I read that doing this form of craftwork actually produces dopamine which combats depression. Isn't that cool? The repetition of making x's relaxes your mind and takes your mind off of your troubles. I can relate totally!

With all the stuff going on with our remodel and getting ready for the visit, with Mike home too, my routine has been shaken up a bit. But that's ok cause I'll find my rhythm again soon.

Thanks for your patience!!! And for putting up with my rants!

No comments: