Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A close finish

As I promised, I'm posting my almost finish of Blackbird Designs, Light Your Way. If I had any energy tonight, I would finish it. But, the events of yesterday (both personal and work related) and being on my feet all day today auditing, I can not even think to pick up a needle.

So here is an almost completed Light Your Way, my almost first Halloween design for 2006. Have I told you that I really love Halloween?



As far as the retail therapy goes, I bought the following Ewe & Eye & Friends designs, Old Rose & Camomille, Blackbird Sampler, Rose City Sampler, 3 Pink Houses







I want to thank everyone for their comments about my Nightmare on Perry Road, aka the Extremely DELAYED Home Makeover. The contractor came to the house contrite and blaming himself. The DH listened and then basically gave him a pass. I was shocked cause he really was vocal right up until the contractor pulled into the driveway. After he left I asked him why he reacted the way he did and he told me that he figures that it really doesn't matter, the windows will not be here any sooner whether he yelled at him or not. I don't think that he will be so forgiving in another 6 weeks if this happens again. On Saturday, we are going to the Pella Window store to pick out new windows, as I do not trust the Anderson dealer, who originally messed up the order. Does anyone know if Pella Windows are good?

8 comments:

Leah said...

Light Your Way looks wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish it!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Love the almost finish...it looks great. You have some great new stash too:)

Glenna said...

I love the way Light Your Way is turning out, and I loooove the results of your retail therapy.

Karoline said...

Light the way is looking great. I hope your house whoes are over.

Chelle said...

Wow, you really did almost finish Light Your Way - it's great! Love the E&E&F you picked up. Lately we've had the E&E&F trunk shows at my LNS and let me tell you, nothing inspires retail therapy like seeing them stitched up. Wowzie! I really, really hope the house woes are behind you. I've never heard anything bad about Pella windows, so I hope they work out for you!

old lady said...

Oh - the second picture down looks cool - texture stitches?? Great work so far on Light Your Way! Happy stitching!

Von said...

Here's hoping the Pella dealer has his head screwed on tightly and gets your order right! :D

Susimac said...

Love your almost finish. Love your retail therapy too, thats ddefinitley my kind of therapy, the stash you got is wonderful.