Search This Blog

Monday, August 07, 2006

What a great stash day!

Today, was the best mail day!!!! I got stash instead of the dreaded bills.

Yeah!

In my mail was a RAK from Nicki. She sent me her Blackbird Designs, Quaker Garden, with leftover WDW.



I lamented that I wished I'd purchased this pattern when I had the chance and Nicki decided to send me her copy after she finished stitching it. I am so overwhelmed by her generosity. I just love this design. THANKS, NICKI, you made my entire day!

I also got a couple of cuts of linen from Silkweaver. I used to subscribe to their FOTM for Lakeside Linen. I really miss that FOTM because I got great quality linen each month. (Lakeside is my favorite linen, especially the Vintage colors). But I digress, in this order I got some Silkweaver Classics, Antique Gold, Boo! and Parkland. I love the Antique Gold fabric and will be purchasing half yard cut of it. The other 2 colors are ok. The Parkland is on the yellow side and the Boo! is just a light grey. I am going to use the Antique Gold and the Boo! fabric for a couple of halloween designs. I would like to stitch *Merry Halloween* from Blackbird Designs, Trix & Treats on the Antique Gold.



And Boo! will be used for Sheepish Designs, Scarry Wabbit.



I have the black fabric for Scarry Wabbit but I can't see the holes in dark linen anymore. I hate getting old! A light grey fabric will have to do the trick.

I don't know when I will get a chance to start any of these patterns though, as I am working on my WIPs. But it's sure fun to collect patterns and dream, right?!! They will certainly go in my Short List binder.

I also stitched a little on an exchange piece. I'm excited about it cause it's coming out nicely. I hope that the receiver will like it too.

And earlier this evening, I played with my horses for a little while. I brushed all of them and treated Peaches to a trip to the beauty parlor. That just means I did some mane and tail grooming. . Her mane grows so fast and it gets all matted and icky. I brushed it out, clipped it to a reasonable length and conditioned it. I washed, conditioned and brushed out her tail too. Her tail is SO long and it gets pretty dirty. I used to braid it up but she needs to have it loose to swat flies. Peaches is a high maintenance mare! But she is so beautiful!

Well, I have to go to bed. So, I hope all of you have pleasant dreams. See you soon in Joanie's World. Thanks for dropping by!

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Glad it arrived Joanie and hope you get a chance to start it before too long! {{{hugs}}}

Cathy B said...

That was nice of Nicki to send you her QG. You'll enjoy stitching this one.

Casa Pearl said...

Very nice of Nicki - I can't wait to see your progress as I really like this piece as well. And your horse time sounds just lovely - I miss having them around.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

That is a good stash day! Hope you have fun with it all!

The Queen's Stitch said...

That sounds like a really nice day - start with stitching and end with horses!

Chelle said...

I think Scarry Wabbit will look great on your grey fabric. I loved reading about Peaches! It took me back to when I was a kid.