This is a Prairie Schooler pattern called Autumn Wind. I started it way, way back in the beginning of time as a SAL with Patti and Cathy who finished their pieces probably 2 years ago. OK, I AM SLOW. I am stitching it on 28 count Lugana over one (it's my first attempt at over one stitching and I have to say I am quite pleased with the results.)
Anyway, I want to finish this piece for this Autumn so I am going to participate in an SAL with the gals on the Prairie Schooler BB. The SAL is for the month of August. The plan is to stitch on a Prairie Schooler design on Tuesday and Thursday and post progress pictures on Sunday during the month of August. Since I am over 1/2 way finished, maybe just maybe, I'll have a Happy Dance by September. Let's see if I can maintain focus for 8 days out of the month.
Next is Beatrix Potter. She has my attention right now.
I wasn't really sure about the fiber, it's AVAS 4212 and it's a lovely burnt orange color. It looks really pumpkin-y in this picture. It took quite a while for me to get used to the color but it's growing on me as the sampler grows too. I have the companion piece to this sampler but I am leaning toward a more subtler brown color when I begin that piece. Honestly between us girls, if I had not spent $42 on the hank of silk, I would have chosen a different color. And as I worked on the sampler I thought of switching out the color many times. Now it's a bit too late for switching silks so I'll just finish it up with the burnt orange.
Lastly is my progress on Where My Heart Blooms.
I believe this sampler has it out for me. I literally frogged most of what I stitched on this piece because of counting errors. I think if I did not have a bad case of the frogs, this piece would be finished by now. I think I am over the worst of the frogs now as I am working on the house. I can't say that I love the fabric I am stitching this piece on, it's the recommended R&R fabric. It's very stiff and hard to manage and it has a very open weave. The GAST and Weeks aren't much better, the thread kinks and knots easily. I've found if I dampen the thread it behaves a bit better so that's what I've been doing.
On Friday, I bought the supplies to begin my Hungarian Sampler. I know, I know, I said no new stash until I finish one of the Wips. But it's calling my name!!! I bought red and green silk to stitch the sampler but I may switch out the green for black silk instead. Black and red are traditional Hungarian colors. I wanted to stitch the sampler in the colors of the flag and Ili (THANK YOU!!) helped me out with the colors. Now that I've bought the silks, I am having second thoughts because I am afraid the sampler will look like Christmas. I don't know, maybe I'll just go ahead with what I purchased. I bought an off white linen but maybe I'll switch it out to a creme so that the colors don't jump off the fabric. I'll have to test it out.
The DH and the Cadet are off to motorcycle school this morning so I have some time to stitch. That's what I am going to do when I get off the computer. I am not sure what I want to work on right now, I guess whatever calls the loudest. So the needle is calling and I will say good-bye for now.
Please drop by again and I hope you have a great day!