I am overwhelmed by the number of folks that visit this boring blog!!! Geez, I am humbled and grateful to all those who drop by from all over the world, please leave a comment if only to say hey there! Honestly, I have been debating on deleting my blog because I didn't think I got that many visitors. But the feed proved otherwise, so thank you!
We had a 3 day weekend (actually, I had a 4 day weekend cause I took Thursday off as a vacation day, which was wonderful!) to celebrate the fourth of July. We chose to stay close to home only leaving to go to the fireworks and to Lowes for paint and to church. It was so relaxing. I didn't get a lot of stitching done but I did finish Liberty House. True to form, the camera will not cooperate so there are no pictures of that piece or the bag and pinkeep that Sandra made for me. I think it needs new batteries now. I had plans to work on a number of projects but the days were beautiful so I spent a lot of time outdoors putzing with the horses and playing in the flowerbed/gardens.
I've wanted to convert our 3rd bedroom into a home office for the DH for a long time now and we decided this weekend to purchase carpeting for the room and actually begin the process of converting the room from a catch all storage area to a REAL place where he can study and do his homework and grade papers etc. This fall, he will be student teaching and he definitely needs a place to work. So far, he's commandered my kitchen table much to my dismay because he spreads his stuff out over the table and all of a sudden it's his desk and not a place to have meals. Moving him upstairs has been a dream of mine for quite awhile, if he choses to make a mess of his desk then I can just close the door to the room and hid the clutter. I can't do that now in my eat-in kitchen.
Anyway, we bought paint for the walls, a steel blue grey carpet that will be installed in 6 weeks or so and a nifty tool to scrape the acoustic material off the ceiling. We have what is known as cottage cheese ceilings, they are highly textured with this material that actually melts if it gets wet so you can't paint it or clean it properly. We've always wanted to get rid of the ceiling material but were afraid we'd ruin the ceiling. And the Contractor-Who-I-Despise actually told me that if we tried to remove the stuff, we'd ruin the ceiling so he would do it for the lovely tune of $5K...NOT! Actually, DH has removed 1/2 of the ceiling now and it's taken him less than an hour. We will have to sand the perimeters of the ceiling where the tool doesn't reach and sand some of the high spots off. It's definitely messy (a fine layer of drywall dust) and some elbow grease is all it's taking. We've decided to take one room at a time now that we have developed a technique.
So, I've been blog hopping and you guys make me want to start many, many pieces but I am going to be strong and continue to work my wips. I'll post progress soon and hopefully I'll post pictures of the new room AND stitching too!