Search This Blog

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Are you sick of Bea?

Are you tired of my progress pictures?? Too Bad!! HA HA!!

Bea after this week's stitching.

I finished that passion flower motif, the carnation motif on the right side and I made a dent in the cornucopia. I am really pleased as to how she is stitching up but I am still undecided if I like the thread color. I know, I know, I am boring you with this back and forth, love the thread, hate the thread nonsense. I DO know that I will be stitching Bea's companion sampler with NPI in a brick color - 125, 126 or 127 on the same color linen. And to be perfectly honest, when I purchased Bea and had the option of purchasing the hank of 4612 AVAS, I should have taken myself down to the LNS to check it out. But as usual, I couldn't wait to start her AND I knew I couldn't wait the 6 weeks to get a hank of another color. So I should quite my belly-achin' right?

I started Hands to Work sampler found in the latest issue of JCS. It's called This is the Day.

I am stitching it on the recommended linen with the recommended thread. It's on 36ct because I refuse to railroad my stitches right now. It's working up fast when I can push Bea out of the way and pick it up.

Below is the amazing Siobhan's finished sampler (I pilfered it from her blog, Notes From Blue Hen Hollow)...I hope you don't mind Siobhan but I wanted everyone to see what it looks like finished...

Gosh, I love this sampler and it fits right in with my samplers with houses obsession. Most every sampler besides the Quakers that I am so devoted to has houses in them. Ever since I stitched my beloved John Foster (oh John Foster, how I LOVE you!) I've been searching for more samplers with houses prominently featured.
And kids, LOOK at what Paulette from Plum Street Samplers is offering!

I am going to be first in line to purchase these little gems! And take a run to her blog, Plum Street Samplers, to check out the sampler she's featuring on her blog banner! I can't wait to be able to plunk down some hard earned cash for these lovelies! And while you are at Paulette's blog, take a minute to read it. What a great blog.

Well, my break on the computer is now officially over. It's back to the drudgery of cleaning bathrooms and doing laundry. But I am looking forward to numbing my behind later stitching, stitching, stitching! I hope you'll do the same!

Have a great weekend and leave a comment to say HI! Thanks for dropping by Joanie's World!

6 comments:

Siobhán said...

Bea looks wonderful!! I could never be sick of looking at her--I love your thread color. YGG! Great start on This Is The Day! Woo!! I had a lot of fun stitching it, even if I did think I'd never finish filling in the Conch! ;) Enjoy! Oh, and Paulette's new designs--LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Brigitte said...

BP is looking so great! But I can somehow understand you. When I started mine I was uncertain about my thread colour/ fabric colour combination for a long time. But now I'm done (not with the sampler but with hesitating, lol) and think it's perfectly OK.
You were having a great start on your new sampler. Looking at Siobhán's finish is very motivating, isn't it?
And yes, Plumstreet Samplers could become my new love, too.

Karoline said...

Bea is looking gorgeous, great progress and nice start on This is the day

Shelleen said...

I love seeing all of your progresses.

samplerlover said...

Hi Joanie
I could never get tired of Beatrix. She is so beautiful. I have to get my finger out and do another motif on mine.
Your other work is beautiful. I know how you love samplers with houses in them. I have a few myself.
Thank you for nominating me for the Addiction award. I am a little behind in thanking you as I have had a lot of trouble reading my favourite blogs. - Sandra.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I think Bea is gorgoeus...and I'm on board with This is the Day too :) I have that magazine laid to the side for me to start or work into my rotation some day soon. I purchased about 10 patterns from Paulette recently and now I'm adding Love Notes too...plus a whole bunch more from Nashville, I'm trying my own spendulous bill here in good 'ol Indiana...you know how I like to help the economy in any way I ca!