Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Dreaming, dreaming

Today is one of those days to daydream. I've been thinking of all the stitching things I want to make. I've been blog hopping again, and seeing everyone's beautiful work makes me want to go home and just stitch.

I worked a little on John Foster last night. I am 1/4 of the way done with the quaker motif in the center. This sampler is moving right along and I am happy that it's going well. We've patched things up - for now. You never know when things will go sour though. I have a tendency to get complacent so there may be frogging involved. I do love Von's comment about my linen. She always has a positive things to say. Yes, this sampler is a reproduction, so the linen will complement the design. You are too cool, Von!

I am on a house kick right now. I am planning on stitching Village of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings. I also have been toying with BOAF's Peace sampler. I like that samper a great deal and it would go well with Hillside School of Needlework and John Foster. I would like to make a grouping of house samplers.

Also, I have bought quite a lot of sash recently. Blame it on---well, there really is no excuses for my lack of willpower. I bought a new pattern by Little House Needleworks called Seasons of Growth, a stitching accessory from Cat's Whiskers Designs called Feed My Soul, and all the NPI silks for Village of Hawk Run Hollow, a Chessie and Me design, Bunny Sampler. Bad Joanie, bad!!!

Also, before I forget, here is a photo of my Welcome Sampler. It was a fun piece and I really don't know why it took me 8 years (yes, that's right, I started it 8 years ago!) to finish!

4 comments:

Karoline said...

Welcome spot is gorgeous Joanie, congratulations

Casa Pearl said...

Enjoy your new stash - it all sounds lovely. And congratulations on the finish - it's adorable!

Von said...

Ahhh, Joanie, thank you for the more than kind words. :)

Thanks for the links to all the new designs you have coming. They're all just gorgeous and then you have all those NPI silks to wallow in. You have been just a tad bit decadent, lol!

Congrats on finishing your 8yo Welcome Sampler. Jumping up and doing a special UFO finishing Happy Dance, lol!

Cathy B said...

Congratulations on your Welcome Spot finish - it looks great!