Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

And they came...two by two

By now, you all have heard of the massive flooding in Upstate NY. For the past 3 days we have been in a literal deluge. We received 6 inches of rain in a 24 hour period and that caused MASSIVE flooding. There are 2 confirmed deaths and many, many homeless people. Our river is to crest tonight 35 feet over flood level. It's a record. And it's so sad. Towns are literally lakes. The govenor of NY has declared us a disaster area and the local officials have declared the 3 counties that make up the tri-county area in a *state of emergency*.

Personally, we are ok. Our house is perched on top of a hill that my partner at work has christened Walton's Mountain. We had a little bit of water in our basement because the house has no gutters. And our new florida room got some water because the windows aren't adequately sealed because the siding isn't on the house just yet. Big deal. We shop vac'd the room, had the construction boys overlay the window with some tyvek and we were good to go. I can't imagine losing everything but the clothes on my back.

I haven't stitched at all this week, really. I worked a little on Nancy's piece and I got her name for the Birthday buddies exchange on Legacy. That's cool! I stitched a little bit more on John Foster, just another 1/4 of the center quaker medallion.

My class confirmation came for CATS in Hershey. I decided to treat myself to a stitching retreat. I hope to meet up with PattiH and her friends there. I am so looking forward to this trip. I signed up for a Hardanger class (I'm being adventurous!) and a beaded bracelet class. I am looking forward to shopping too!

I hope everyone is well who reads my blog. Thanks for the comments and thanks for taking the time to share a little bit of my world.

1 comment:

Von said...

Hi Joanie!
I hope you love the hardanger class. Once you begin and get the hang of it, it's fun and enjoyable to stitch!!