Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!!!

HI all,

I hope everyone is having a great day. Here, it's very quiet. The child-unit has gone to his buddy's place on the lake. My darlin' DH is snoozing on the sofa. And me? I stitched just a little bit today and I finally got my craft room under control. What a job! And even though there's not any *clutter* visible, please don't open the closet. Otherwise you may get maimed by something falling on your head. I can't believe the amount of stuff I've accumulated in the last 25 years. And going through it, there's not much I want to part with. I keep telling myself, that someday, I'll paint/quilt/sew/stitch that. Who am I kidding? :P

The construction boys were here emasse most of the day. They trimmed out my new room's windows and did some interior painting. When you look at the work they've done today, it doesn't seem like it would take 8 hours and 4 men. But what do I know? Anyway, it looks nice and they are doing a great job. Unfortunately, I had to whine at the owner of the construction place to come out and do something. The poor guy has had his share of problems; guys left, guys got hurt, supplier problems...yada,yada. I haven't made any fuss over the lack of prgress on our job and true to form, he took advantage of our silence and serviced his customers that were more vocal. Now, the DH is getting *ahem* annoyed and I had to place a couple of *please do something NOW to our house, otherwise, my DH is going to pop a vein* messages. Hopefully, they will continue on our house this week...One only hopes.

My stitching progress is negligible, so there's no point in taking a photograph just yet. Today, the screaming piece that won was Moira Blackburn's, Time and Seasons. I only stitched the letters M & N and stitched a bit more on the borders. It's a pleasant stitch. I am using Vicki Clayton silks on Lakeside Linen's Lt. Exemplar fabric. I am using Kim's thread conversion as I just loved how her sampler looks. Very vintage-y.

Do you like my new blog look? I think it's rather nice but I wish I could change the font size of my Wip's and Completed Stitching lists in my sidebar. Can any of you *blogmasters* tell me how to do it? I know just a smattering of HTML, and I took enough programming classes just to understand how these programs are laid out. But I don't know where to change the size of the font for these lists. It's frustrating!!!

SO...it's getting late and I have to start dinner. If the weather holds out, we probably will go to the fireworks. It's been raining off and on here in Binghamton. (So, what else is new...)

Hope everyone is having a good July 4th and thanks for stopping by for a *chat*.

6 comments:

Susimac said...

Happy 4th July - hope you enjoy the firewroks. Your stash cupboard sounds like mine LOL!!
Love the new blog.

Casa Pearl said...

Happy 4th of July! Your blog looks great - I need a new "do" too! I know I owe you an email - I will be in touch!

LivnLaf said...

New format looks great! I'll do a little digging and see if I can fignre out your blog issue...but hopefully someone with a little more finesse in that dept will let you know quicker. TTFN!

Nicki said...

I can't post the blog code here, but if you email me (thelampons@hotmail.com) i think I can fix your code for you :)

Happy 4th July!

Cathy B said...

Love the new look of your blog!

Von said...

Hi Joanie,
The new blog template looks great!
I tend to be very understanding about schedule snafus with the contractors too, but there comes a time when my patience reaches a limit. :D I try not to blow up at anyone, but they can tell a change in my mood - definitely!