Search This Blog

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tonight I worked a little more on Time and Seasons. I finished 2 leaves in the upper border. I stitched about an hour (gosh, I am a slow stitcher!) but every stitch counts, right?

And I didn't get my LHN Americana Sampling piece done for the 4th. Oh well, there's always NEXT July 4th! I am almost 1/2 done now with it and I think that if I have a full weekend to stitch I could finish it! This weekend though, I won't get much stitching done at all. My brother and his family are coming Saturday to spend the weekend. Their children are 13 and 16. My 16 year old niece will live out in the barn and she has requested the use of my gelding for the weekend. My nephew will be totally bored. Even so, I am glad that they are coming for a few days, it will be nice to spend some time with them. Ever since my Dad passed away, my brother has been better about keeping in touch with me and fostering a relationship. We always got along but we haven't communicated as we really should have through out the years. It's important for us to do that because we are all we have. I adore my SIL, she and I have gotten along from the first time I met her 30 years ago. She is like a sister to me and we share a love of crafts and stitching.

I hoped that my new room would be complete for their visit but that's not going to happen either. The window and door trim is up and primed and there's some baseboard molding on the floor. But with only 2 guys working, the room will not be completed until next week IF they continue to show up. I think my contractor is unhappy with my bugging him, he hasn't returned any of my phone calls the last few days. Needless to say, I am concerned.

I do have a package waiting for me at the post office from Stitching Bits and Bobs. I bought a bunch of patterns and the fibers for Village of Hawk Run Hollow. That should help out with my mood as it's not been good the last few days. Mainly, I am thinking about my work and if I am doing what I should be with my life. Right now, I am reading a Max Lucado book called *The Cure for the Common Life*. It's a great book and very thought provoking. I've been questioning my job and wonder if I am doing what I should be with my work life. I don't know if I am unhappy right now because my job is stressful and we are being pushed to define and deploy a site-wide project in a very short amout of time or if I am truly being lead to find something else to do. I have been praying about it, asking for guidance, but unless God whacks me over the head with a bat, I am afraid that I miss what He's trying to tell me. I am the epitome of a block head when it comes to hearing Him. One thing for sure, I believe He has a plan for me and it's a good one!

Well, it's off to bed... talk with you tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Von said...

Oh yes, God does have a plan. It's good to keep that in mind. Have you been making inquiries anywhere? Telling friends you're thinking about making a change? Surprising things sometimes happen when you begin to do some fishing. :D
Enjoy your weekend with your brother and family!!

LivnLaf said...

I'm in the same place...professionally and with the latest departure of my S/O...both of which is definately stregthening my faith. It's funny how you ask for guidance and sometimes it's right there in front of you...and I always smile and Thank God for the "Ah-Ha" (as Oprah puts it) moment. :-)