Search This Blog

Monday, July 10, 2006

Just a quick update - with pics!

HI everyone! It's Monday and I got a minute to post while everyone is still sleeping (except my 13year old nephew who is rousing the dogs right now).

It's been a nice relaxing weekend. Today, with the exception of a grocery run, it should be more of the same. I got a little bit of stitching done (yay!). My SIL, Barb, is trying to get her daughter, Annette, interested in stitching. so Barb picked out a few small Drawn Thread Halloween designs for her daughter to choose to be stitched. Annette chose the little scissors fob from the Halloween scissor keeper and purse to be made into a little door pillow. So Barb's been stitching on that for the last day or so. She should be finished this afternoon. But the coolest thing is that Barb is interested in stitching again! She's had some health issues that affected her ability to stay focused on concentrated tasks so this is a positive sign! I worked on BOAF's Scared Silly. I am ashamed to say that I began this piece on July 4th, 2004 (don't throw anything at me!). When I picked it up this weekend, the pumpkin top & 1/2 of the cat was stitched. I completed a bit on the cat and a couple of letters. I am hoping to be able to stitch a little more on it today. It's going fairly fast for such a slow stitcher that I am!
So here are some pictures of my stitching progress:

Scared Silly:


Time & Seasons:


Americana Samplings:


Ok, Blogger is being a pain now, so I'll post the last few pictures in a new post!

4 comments:

Casa Pearl said...

Joanie, I like the new look and love the update photos. I'm working on a Halloween design as well - I just love the colors they call for.

Leah said...

I just love BOAF Halloween designs! Scared Silly is one of my favourites, and I can't wait to see your finished version. :)

Von said...

Most of us have a project that has become a UFO and for much longer than two years, lol!

Danielle said...

Oooh--I didn't know you were stitching Scared Silly! Love BOAF!! I am getting in the mood for Halloween designs. Love the LHN, too! (The Peacock's Feather)