Search This Blog

Sunday, July 16, 2006

It's too hot to stitch!

It was a record high for heat and humidity today in Upstate NY. It was 95 degrees and it felt like 195! Needless to say there was not much stitching going on in my house today. I use a Daylight magnifier to stitch by, I can use cheaters for some 32ct fabric but I have so gotten used to the magnifier, I have a hard time stitching without it. So, the light threw even more heat and I got so uncomfortable that I put all my stitching aside. So much for my weekend stitch-a-thon!

So, instead, I blog hopped and I came across this photo on Tempest Fugits blog:



It's called Armada. I purchased it last year after my Dad died as a memorial sampler. Vero sent it to me and at the time, I couldn't even look at it cause it made my heart ache. So, I put it away. Now, almost a year has gone by since my Dad passed away and I believe that I can stitch it. My Dad was in the Navy and he was very proud of his service to our country. He talked a great deal about the war and the times he spent on the ship in Okinawa. So, I believe that it will be my next big project.

I want to thank everyone for the comments left about the new room. I could not have done this room without my Dad and the inheritance that he left me. He told me that he wanted me to use the money to fix up my house. So, I am honoring those wishes, even though we could use the money to pay down some of our bills. So every time I make an improvement on my house, I thank God for my Dad, who was as wonderful to us in life as he has been in death.

And now, I have to go to bed. Monday will be here before you know it and it's back to the work-a-day world for us. Hope you all had a fun, stitch-filled weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{Joanie}}}

That's a beautiful design - I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on it.

How nice that your Dad gave you the means to do up your house - kind of a new beginning whilst still keeping him in your memory.

Von said...

This sampler would be such a tribute to your Dad in your beautiful new room. He'd be delighted, I'm sure.
{{{Joanie}}}

lena-lou said...

Your room looks lovely, simple, elegant and very good taste. I saw Armada on Tempus Fugits blog and did admire it...I had not seen it before. I think it would be a lovely thing to stitch in memory of your Dad. I think you have changed your template since I last visited...if you have it is very nice!! :-)

Jinger said...

What a lovely sampler and a great tribute to your Dad. Great job!

Lelia said...

What a nice project to honour your Father. Coping with loss is difficult & I think creating this lovely sampler is an excellent idea.

I miss Vero's blog.