Search This Blog

Sunday, July 16, 2006

The room

Well, since plans changed for my weekend, and I had all this furniture stored in various places in my house and since the room is 90% done, I decided to set it up.

So on Saturday morning, I assembled the sofa table, coffee table and the end table and arranged the furniture. I need to get an area rug, a table lamp, some art (and cross stitch) for the walls, hang a mirror and see if I can get a console for the long wall as the room is somewhat lopsided. I have to be careful though, that the room doesn't get too crowded and feels like a furniture storage area. So, what do you think?
Please excuse the color of the first photo as it's a bit off, the red is actually burgundy. The other photos are more true to color.











And this morning, I had my coffee and read the sunday paper out there. It was a sublime moment. I love the room and we will be spending ALOT of time out there.

We went to see Pirates last night, the theatre was packed with teenagers who were very well behaved. Not too much noise and NO ringing cell phones. The movie was good but my husband wished there was more people interaction instead of sea creatures. Always a critic in the crowd...LOL. It was a good summer flick. Go see it if you have the opportunity.

I haven't stitched a stitch this weekend yet, but that's going to change. I am not sure what I will pull out to work on but I plan on finishing up some laundry and then finding a cool spot to spend some quality time with my needlework. That's what Sundays are for, right? I went blog hopping prior to posting and all of your work is so inspiring and it keeps my motivation up.

And as always, thanks for dropping by and sharing a little bit of my world.

10 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

wow, it's lovely Joanie! So light and airy and great colours. I'd be wanting to spend lots of time in there too.

Anonymous said...

Joanie, it's beautiful! Very fresh looking and comfortable - looks like a great place to sit and relax.

Karoline said...

The room looks gorgeous Joanie, perfect for stitching :)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What a lovely room Joanie. You did a wonderful job with it!

Casa Pearl said...

It's heavenly! I wish we lived closer so I could come for coffee and stitching. Great job Joanie!

Cathy B said...

I think the room looks great! I love the green color on the walls (it's relaxing). All those wonderful windows with lots of natural light! Perfect!

Leah said...

Your room looks very smart! I wouldn't mind spending some quality time stitching there. :)

Von said...

What a charming, peaceful room you've created, Joanie! I love all the windows and the view out of them. :D

Concetta said...

You have such a beautiful home. I love this room!

Susimac said...

What a gorgeous elegant room you have created, I can understand why you intend to spend a lot of time in there, I know I would be.