Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

G is for....

Red posted this little meme called Alphabet Soup on her blog. She assigns a letter to anyone interested and you have to come up with 10 words starting with that letter. She assigned me the letter *G*. I am glad she didn't assign me the letters of DOOM...

So here goes...

1. GOD - The supreme being, creator and ruler of the universe. I have a very strong belief in God. I see evidence of His work everywhere. I am a Christian and I do not know where I would be without His presence in my life.
2. Gratitude - This is something that I am working on. It's not that I am ungrateful, it's just that I don't express gratitude for all that I have. I need to give thanks for all the blessings are mine.
3. Glutton - That's what I think of when I look at my stash. I've recently beat myself over the head about my stash, but no more. My stash is a blessing that I am grateful to own. I love it and I am very happy to be able to choose wonderful patterns to stitch.
4. Gloriana Silks - for a long time I didn't like them. They felt *scrunchy* in my hand. But now I'm a convert as I've been using this glorious color for a set of smalls that I am stitching. But because they are so expensive, I only have a few skeins. Recently, I purchased 2 skeins of In the Burgundy...scrumptious, rich, deep burgundy red....YUMMY!
5. Grace.
6. Groovy - There is a girl at work who uses this word as an adjective in just about every sentence. Everything is groovy to Melissa. She's pretty groovy herself and I am glad she is my friend.
7. Glad - experiencing pleasure, joy, or delight. I am VERY GLAD that I do not have to go to work until Monday. Need a break.
8. Gusto - as in Go for the GUSTO! I equate this with Passion. I am passionate about my family, my house, my horses, my job, and my life. Going for the gusto means giving 100% and enjoying it.
9. Gorilla - I like this word. And right now, I am ignoring an 800 pound gorilla in the room. I just don't want to face it - so there.
10. Graphic - I am a graphic designer. Once upon a time, I wanted to be an illustrator. I have a BFA in graphic design and I wanted to work in advertising on Madison Avenue. Big dreams. Life is funny. I do not work in advertising nor do I do any graphic design work. I work in Quality Engineering. But I look at everything from a designer's eye. I have a great sense of color, an eye for detail. That training has served me very well.

SO there... the letter *G* has been brought to you by....ME!

1 comment:

LivnLaf said...

Perfect!!!! I enjoyed your creativity.