Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Stitching away!

Taking a break from the needle and floss to read everyone's blogs. I just love doing that, it makes me think that I am on a little visit with each of you. Wouldn't it be great to someday get together? How cool would THAT be!

I have been working on my exchanges and the Quaker RR. I started my ornie, I am working on my sweetbag and Halloween exchange. Picked out my House exchange and I am finished with my Autumn/Fall piece. I am 75% finished with the redwork exchange too. The only one I have to decide on is the lottery piece. I am burning up the floss!

In my last post, I told you all that I bought stash. I forgot to mention that I also bought a Just Nan's exclusive from The Silver Needle. It's that too cool Halloween ort box. And I won some things on ebay...I gotta get a grip, but I am having so much fun and I LOVE everything I own, even the stuff that I sold, I loved those things too. Anyway, yesterday, I was pawing through my craft room. I got looking at my painting books and very old magazines and charts. I love them all! There is so much I want to stitch and paint, it can be overwhelming but not in a bad sense. It's a feeling of oh, I can't wait to start this and then that, and oh, I forgot about that piece... Do you ever feel that way? Like you want to start EVERYTHING? And then I go blogg-hopping and see all your work and I want to do even MORE!

There is a thread on the Legacy bb asking if you could have a sampler wall (or a needlework wall) what would you hang? I want a Quaker wall in my upstairs hallway. I want Schoolgirl samplers in my family room. I would like samplers with Bible verses in my family room too. And french alphabets in red or black in my dining room. In my craft room, I would like all the whimsical pieces, Lizzie*Kates, Bent Creeks....a Drawn Thread wall...a Shepherd Bush wall. And seasonal pieces for the kitchen. What about you? Do you have a sampler wall already? What do you have hanging already? I would love to know all your plans...and maybe I'll steal an idea or 2 from you!

I think that next year I am going to put some of these wants into my stitching plans. Definitely I want to work on Quakers (I love them for their graphic quality) and I would like to work on a red alphabet piece. And I want to finish up a couple of Wips. And of course, start a bunch more!

On another note...
I decided on a sell price and the realtor is overnighting my contract. I have come to a place of peace with everything. I placed it in God's hands and it's going to be taken care of. The realtor is very nice and I feel like I *know* her. She is very capable, has a sense of humor and will give me advice when I want it. One less thing to worry about.

2 comments:

BeckySC said...

Joanie....
Wait..it's the RR BB that is closing down and moving over to the Exchange BB...
I LOVE the exchange BB and it will go on as long as we have people participating-there just wasn't enough interest on the RR BB-so I combined it with the exchanges...PHEW!!!! Hope you got that...ROFL! I was scared when I read your lovely e-mail to me that you thought it was the exchange BB :) :)

Thank you, Joanie, for being YOU :) :)

Love ya!

BeckySC said...

Now, let me leave a comment about this lovely post of yours :) (heart has calmed considerably from the BB scare...LOL!!!)

You are busy with your exchanges...I am so anxious to see them all posted to the BB and blogs soon-the NR postings were a lot of fun to see and I think we all did a great job with our NR! I was so excited that the FIRST exchange on the SBEBB went so well :)

I am working on or maybe I should say deciding on my lottery piece as well....can't wait to see what we all choose for this one!

Oh WOW, you got the JN Halloween box...I was tempted! I will BEE watching for yours to come to life :)

Yep-I sometimes feel like I wanna just start it all...but then I come back down to earth..ROFL!!!!!

I have a wall dedicated to stitching in my den and in my stitching room-both walls are a collage of stitching pieces as I like SO many different designs :)I have my stitching hung in every room of the house.

Thank again, my friend :) You are the BESTEST!!! (after freaking me out about the BB that is...hehehe!!!)