Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

ARGH!!! I HATE FINISHING!!!!

Ok, a rant. I HATE Finishing. I hate my sewing machine and I hate that I spend HOURS working on something only to MESS IT UP when I am trying to turn it into something. This is why I like samplers. They get framed. Can't mess up a cube. I hate needlebooks, pincushions, fobs. Anything that requires 2 pieces of fabric sewn together and finished with cording, ribbon or any other decorative do-dad.

I love my stitching, I hate my finishing. It always looks so amateurish. I envy those who finish things so beautifully and they make it look so effortless.

Rant over.

7 comments:

KarenV said...

{{{Hugs}}}! Everything I've seen of yours that you've finished for exchanges looks gorgeous Joanie! I think we can all see the imperfections in our own work and it's difficult to be objective about it sometimes.

BeckySC said...

((((((((huggers))))))))
I agree with Karen :)

Cathy said...

Sometimes I feel the same way, but hang in there! I'm sure it's not as bad as you think it might be!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Exactly.

Patti said...

LOL I bet it's better than you think. I have yet to see a piece of yours that doesn't look wonderful. Good luck!

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm feeling your pain, sister. I have over 50 projects to finish as a result of my hate affair with the sewing machine.

Lee said...

Hmm. Like one of my guy friends once said, "It's just another power tool."

Don't be so hard on yourself!