Search This Blog

Monday, January 02, 2006

More Pictures

I thought I would post some more pictures of what I've worked on during New Year's Day. I didn't stitch ALL day like I thought I would, there is just too many things to do to get ready to go back to work tomorrow. Least of all is the mountains of laundry created by my DS, I've forgotten how much laundry a *cool* guy generates. LOL!!

So, I worked on Sarah Tatum, I only completed 1/2 of the first motif. Well, the photo was way blurry so I have to take another one...sorry. I am designating Sundays as *Sarah Sunday* cause I took a look at the pattern and if I don't spend a full day with her then I will not finish in a year. Especially when the weather gets better and I go back to doing horsey stuff. This year, I am hoping to put an outdoor arena in, nothing fancy just a big rectangle with sand footing. Then I can exercise my horse properly and get him to use his mind some, instead of being the paddock potatoe that he currently is. That's the plan anyway, let's see if the husband is in agreement...it's going to take a lot of persuasion and negotiation.

But here's the picture of Prairie Year.



I started Prairie Schoolers, Prairie Year over one on 28ct Lugana in Lambswool on New Years Eve. I spent a great deal of time frogging this little motif and I hope that it's not an omen for future stitching. I am part of a SAL on the Friends Gather BB and we are to do a motif a month. I have to say that once I got the bugs out and found a stitching rythmn, it was enjoyable. I do like the look of over one and it's going to be a very tiny piece. I need to think about a border design to frame it and something to separate all the motifs, like a grid. I wish that I had thought of using a patterned fabric like Becky. She's doing hers on a piece of tattersall linen and I think it's going to look fabulous. And there's an instant grid! You are so clever, Becky!!!

Also, I worked on a special piece that I can not show you. It's for Nancy and I know I keep teasing her about it and I am having so much fun with it. I hope the assembly goes as well as the stitching. I will give a hint though, I am stitching with Threadgatherer's silks in the most lush colors.

1 comment:

BeckySC said...

Looks great, Joanie :)
I can send you a piece of Tattersall, if you want to start over...let me know :)

BIG hugs :)