Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2006

Thank you

I want to thank everyone for their comments on my blog. They really cheered me up. I'm still not over my slump, I don't seem to find any pleasure in my stitching right now, it's just work. I am blaming the grey days and there's so much going on in my life.

The contractors are supposed to start the extreme home makeover next week. Wow. I can't believe that this is really happening. As much as I am looking forward to this remodel, I am NOT looking forward to the dust and dirt. It'll be a good excuse to do a *superclean*. And I know the house REALLY needs it.

Today, there was good news. My son was offered a full Air Force ROTC Leadership scholarship at RIT. I am so proud of him. I can't believe it! Mike is on cloud nine! He loves the ROTC program. Out of 40 freshmen, he was unaninimously chosen for this honor. Now, he has to maintain his GPA, stay in a technical program and he will graduate a commissioned officer. After that, he will serve in active duty for 4 years and then in the reserves for 4 years. He wants to travel the world so this is a great way to do it. I really am proud of him. He's worked very hard for this opportunity.

I think I need a good night sleep and I will be better tomorrow.
Thanks again, everyone!

6 comments:

Cathy B said...

Wow, what a great honor for your son.

Hang in there Joanie!

Kim said...

Congrats to your son! That's fantastic! :D

Susimac said...

Oh Congratulations to your dson, how wonderful!!

We all get slumps sometimes, when it comes to stitching, I enjoy reading your blog whether you have stitching there or not
((hug)) to makee you feel better.

Casa Pearl said...

Joanie, sending you hugs! I swear it's all this gray weather because I've been the same. I'm sending you somethign fun (I hope) in the mail tomorrow - hope you don't mind.

Chelle said...

Hurrah for Mike! That is great news!

I can't wait to see progress pictures of your remodel. It will be amazing when it is finished.

Juanita said...

Sorry to hear you've been in a stitching slump. I've been in a blog-reading slump (read "lack of time") and have been missing all the updates.

Congratulations to your son. You must be so proud.

Juanita