Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Hmm...I probably shouldn't be concerned

But I decided to remove the pics of the Paintball gang from this blog. My instincts told me to do it and usually they are more than correct. Just with all the things that go on in the world, I don't want them to get downloaded onto some ugly site. I know, I know, I am probably just paranoid. Maybe the bombings in London did it for me. I have to say that I had the same emotion that I did during 9/11. It was an ugly emotion too. I was mad all over again. Not to mention sad too, at the senselessness of the entire situation. Innocence people, off to work, just doing what they normally do everyday. But it just wasn't an *everyday*. I had this thought after I watched some of the coverage on CNN, about the people that died in those bombings, I wondered what they were thinking about as they got ready to go to whereever that morning. Were they thinking about their day? What they would have for dinner? About being in such a hurry and regretting that they didn't tell someone that they loved them? If they were having a bad hair day?

One time, my DH got exasperated at me cause I never leave home without telling him that I love him. He said, I know you do, why do you always tell me that before you leave, even if it's only for a few hours? And my reply to him was, I tell you that I love you because I do and this might be my last chance to say those words to you or hear you say them back to me. After that, he never asked me about it again, and he always tells me that he loves me, even if he is only going to the neighbors. Silly, I know.

The boys are back from Paintball now, and my home is filled again with guy stuff and camping gear and paintball paraphanellia. Ah, home. It's just what it should be.

No comments: