Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2005

This is taking forever

I am still stitching on the Sampler House exchange!!! I am at least 3/4 of the way done, I need to finish the big sunflower (oh, I am stitching the house from the Drawn Thread's Sunflower bellpull) and a lower border to frame it. I bought a box from AC Moore, picked out fabric to line the box and I guess that's my project for the week. I am now very behind on the Quaker RR. I started stitching on it last week but didn't get far. I need to work on that really soon as I have a full motif, as well as, a 1/2 motif to stitch. I am feeling the pressure! Now, my eye is twitching. Blech.

I just got off the phone with my Dad who is 87 and extremely opinionated. I love him though, but he doesn't relate real well with *today*. I wonder what I will be like when I am his age. Will Mike just roll his eyes and tune me out like I sometimes do to my Dad? (And no, I am not proud of the fact that I do tune him out sometime). He was here 2 weeks ago for Mike's graduation. My friends loved him. Mike wanted him to stay and go swing dancing with him but his girlfriend (she's 84!) wanted to get home.

He told me that my brother and his family are going to NYC for the week to visit his wife's sister. That's great, they couldn't make it here for the weekend for the graduation, but they will spend a week 3 hours from here and never stop. Oh well, what can you do. I don't think I will be getting home before the Fall or possibly next Spring. So, it'll be a while before I see them unless I can get them to come here for Thanksgiving. Although, I probably won't have a long weekend either for Thanksgiving. I gotta figure out my vacation time when I go back to work. I don't think I have enough time to take a full 2 weeks at Christmas like I normally do because of this shutdown. Next year, I guess I will just plan for it cause it seems to be a trend.

I think I need a nap.

No comments: