Search This Blog

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Wow! Was I bad today

I went shoppin'...heeheehee...at the Local Needlework store. And AC Moore. Although I didn't buy a lot, I did liberate some items that the shop owner, Kim, had stashed away for me. I bought a bunch of DMC, even though I have gobs of it in my stash. It's OLD. Like 25 years old. Wound on bobbins, with permanent kinks. So, I bought some new to stitch Prairie Schooler's Prairie Birds (you didn't think I wouldn't now, did you?!!). Plus, a cut of Natural Belfast 32ct linen for the Birds. And a cute Halloweenie chart from Twisted Threads called Boo. The stuff that I liberated was a Pine Mountain pillow kit of a snowman (I'll ditch the Aida), a Quaker pattern, an acrylic ruler, and a Quaker pattern for the ruler. At AC Moore, I went for framing supplies, they had NONE. I was looking for one of those thingies that you push glazier points in the back of the frame. I did buy a small box (sh-h-h, it's for the Sampler House exchange), some tacky glue, spray adhesive, double faced tape, a small piece of white mat board and a package of poster board. I want to frame Drawn Thread's, A Woodland Walk, for my friend MaryEllen who has a small cottage in Arkansas. She catered Mike's graduation party for practically nothing. I stitched this for her in 2003 but couldn't afford the framing. I took a class a a few months ago, found a frame that I thought it would look nice in and decided today to stretch it. I have to get some mat board and I will be all set. Yeah!

No comments: