Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2005

I am so sleepy - stitching is suffering!

Well, I don't know what is going on with me but I could fall asleep right now. I worked a little on my Sampler House exchange. I don't know what I want to do with it yet. I want to make a pouch or a stitching case, but I am a little scared of messing it up. I don't have a sewing machine right now, it's broken, so I would be handstitching all of it. I probably will just create the cube that I originally planned. Blech. At least I have a little bit of time to work on it. It's almost done, I have to stitch the sunflower and the crows. Then add a bottom band to finish it off. 12 beads to stitch.

I did work on Moira Blackburn's Time & Seasons sampler. Sh-h-h...I should have worked on the obligation stitching. But I had fun with it and it's so pretty and the colors are so soft. It's going to look wonderful in my kitchen on those robin egg colored walls. It was a nice diversion. I have to get pictures!

The audit is going ok. I haven't found anything wrong. I don't know what Tom has found, he always comes up with really interesting observations. I have a lot to learn. He is actively looking for a new job. That's scary. I am concerned about handling this entire program if he bails. I hope that he comes to his senses and realizes that living out of a suitcase 4 days out of the week gets old very fast. Plus, he is a musclehead. He goes to the gym 4 days a week. It will kill him if doesn't get his workouts in.

I think I am tired because I am under a ton of stress. The kid leaves for college in 6 weeks, I don't know how we are going to pay for this. He is talking ROTC. We are always scrapping the barrel for $$$ and it's only going to get worse. I have a ton of things that I should do around here and I think that's holding me back. I need to go through my stash and sell a lot of it off. Especially some of the things that I know I will not do. Work is stressful enough without the added weight of wondering when Tom walks out for the last time.

Anyway, what does any of this have to do with stitching? HA! Not anything, but it feels good to write it down. Seeing it helps to make it less scary.

I did walk tonight. It's the first time in a while since I walked. I didn't go fast, it's too hot, I walked 1.5 miles in 30 minutes approximately. A lot slower than my normal pace. That's ok, at least I was out.

OK, enough, it's time to go and shower.

No comments: